What is the Computer Operating System?
An operating system (OS) is system software that manages computer hardware and software resources and provides common services for computer programs.
Nearly every computer program requires an operating system to function.
The two most common operating systems are Microsoft Windows and Apple’s Mac OS.
The significant administrations of an operating system are −
• Memory management
• Disk access
• Creating UI
• Managing the various projects operating in parallel
• Likewise, it controls and deals with the equipment’s working
Kinds of Operating System
Following are the significant kinds of the operating system −
• Disk Operating System (DOS)
• Windows Operating System
• Unix Operating System
Allow us presently to talk about each operating system exhaustively.
Disk Operating System
MS-DOS is one of the most established and broadly utilized operating systems.
DOS is a bunch of PC programs, the significant elements of which are file management, assignment of system assets, and giving fundamental highlights to control equipment gadgets.
DOS orders can be composed in either capitalized or lower case.
Highlights of DOS
Following are the critical highlights of DOS −
• It is a solitary client system.
• It controls the program.
• It is machine freedom.
• It oversees (PC) records.
• It oversees the info and yield system.
• It oversees (PC) memory.
• It gives order preparing offices.
• It works with Assembler.
Kinds of DOS Commands
Following are the significant sorts of DOS Command −
• Internal Commands − Commands like DEL, COPY, TYPE, and so forth are the inward orders that remain put away in PC memory.
• External Commands − Commands like FORMAT, DISKCOPY, and so on are the outer orders and remain stored on the plate.
Windows Operating System
This operating system is the expansion of the disk operating system.
It is the most famous and easiest operating system.
It very well may be utilized by any individual who can peruse and comprehend fundamental English, as it doesn’t need any uncommon preparation.
Be that as it may, the Windows Operating System expects DOS to run the different application programs at first.
Due to this explanation, DOS ought to be introduced into the memory and afterward, windows can be executed.
Components of Windows OS
Following are the critical component of the Windows Operating System (WOS) −
• Graphical User Interface
• Icons (pictures, archives, application, program symbols, and so forth)
• Start button
• Windows wayfarer
• Mouse button
• Hardware similarity
• Software similarity
• Help, and so forth
Unix Operating System
The Unix Operating System is the soonest operating system created in the 1970s.
Allow us to consider the accompanying focuses identifying with the Unix Operating System –
• It is an operating system that has performed multiple tasks highlights.
• It has multiuser PC operating systems.
• It runs essentially on each kind of equipment and gives a boost to open source development.
• It has near complex usefulness and consequently an undeveloped client can’t utilize it; just the person who has taken preparation can utilize this system.
• Another downside of this system is, it doesn’t pull out of caution about the results of a client’s activity (regardless of whether the client’s activity is correct or wrong).
Victor is a graduate of Industrial Engineering with vast hobby in sharing knowledge to others.
As a Science, Technology, and other related field enthusiast , he loves to write and share information relating to engineering and technology fields, science and environmental issues, and Technical posts.
Please, subscribe to our email list and follow our social media pages for regular and timely updates. You can follow EngineeringAll.com social media pages by typing “@ EngineeringAlls” in any social media search form such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Tumblr, and others.
If you love this post please share it with your friends using the social media buttons provided before the comment form. we will like to hear from you regarding this topic, use the comment section and question and answer section to drop your feedback. Together we can build the world with sharing of quality information.
Allow us to share your own information to our audience by submitting a guest post to us, use “PUBLISH YOUR ARTICLE” page at the MENU Buttons to upload your post, please give details and all the necessary information we may need when you are uploading so that it will be easy to publish your post.