OIL & THEIR QUALITIES
When it comes to soap making, oil is very important. The oil used in the will have lots of impact on the quality. When considering the types and quality of to be produced, the type of oil to be used becomes the next line of selection. Without a quality oil, it would be very difficult to make a that suits your expectations.
There different types of oils that are available for soap making, selecting the right one as your soap recipe and knowing the appropriate volume to add at any given time is a skill that can lead to the making of quality soaps. Each of the oils is unique in its own way, its all depends on the quality the user wants to achieve in the during and after the production process.
There many types of oil that could be used in the making of , however, the few listed ones below are the most popular oils for :
- THE AVOCADO OIL: the avocado oil is a type of oil obtainable from the popular avocado fruit (known as English pear in ), it an expensive oil but its quality makes it applicable in almost all areas that oil will be needed. In its physical appearance, the avocado oil is heavy, green, rich, and very moistening. It has a high percentage of unsaponifiables which are portions of the oil that do not react with lye to form , therefore it acts as a good oil to super fat the .
Avocado oil is good for the making of that will be used for sensitive skin, therefore very ideal for bathing soaps. Due to its richness in vitamin A, D & E, it adds the to the skin when used from 5% to 30% in the and it gives longer shelf lives, leaves a good feeling on the skin. Soaps made with avocado oil are usually thick and good for the making of message .
- THE BABASSU OIL: it is a type of oil obtainable from the kernels of babassu palm (not common in ), the oil had been said to have similar quality to the palm kernel oil and the coconut oil in terms of because of the presence of fatty acid in it. The availability of the oil to make soaps that can form a nice, fluffy lather foam is due to the high presence of lauric and myristic acids. The oil melts easily at moderate body , therefore, had been a good material for the making of butter, and body balms, etc.
- THE COCONUT OIL: this type of oil is less expensive and obtainable from the coconuts. When it comes to , coconut oil offers special advantages like other oils making it one of the most sort-after oil in the making of quality soaps. Coconut oil has a melting point of 76 degree-Celsius while the hydrogenated type melts at 92 degree-Celsius. The liquid and stable nature of the oil have made its use in the easy. Using the normal coconut oil or the hydrogenated type will offer the same result in the making of bubbly lather coupled with hardness. Besides, the coconut oil will make the color of the to look sharper and make the to be very hard these features are mostly seen in colored soaps made with coconut oil. According to David Fisher’s publication, he wrote “the collective opinion is that using more than 30% coconut oil in your recipe will be drying up to the skin. Yes, the super-cleansing nature of coconut oil can strip oils from your skin, but I have often used it at 30% to 40% with great results, especially with a slightly higher (6% to 8%) super fat.”
- THE APRICOT KERNEL OIL: this is a special oil similar to the almond oil in terms of fatty acid quantity. It is good for making of soap for sensitive skin because of the smooth and good luxury conditioning it offers to the skin. Users said using 5% to 10% of Apricot kernel oil in the making of soap would produce a quality soap for skin care, massage soap, bath oils, massage bars, and bath bombs.
- THE CANOLA OIL: The canola oil is a good economical oil obtainable from a kind of rapeseed called the canola. The oil had been found to be good in the making of and could act as a substitute for some of the expensive oils. It is less expensive and has good properties required to make quality soaps. A popular maker called it the oil for making of with nice, low & creamy lather, and skin moisturizing. The oil offers good hardness that could slow down the time of consumption.
- THE ALMOND OIL: it is obtainable from the almond nuts, reach in properties, with the ability to produce a low, stable lather, and moisturizing . The oil can also act as a substitute for costly oils in the making of lotions, massage bars, bath oils, and bath bombs, etc. however, the application of the oil had been limited from 5% to 10% according to the previous users' experience.
- THE COTTONSEED OIL: though the oil is not popular like others, its use had been proven to be effective in the making of . It is obtainable from the processing of cottonseed but its scarcity had placed the oil among the low and rarely used oils for the making of .
- THE PALM KERNEL OIL: this is the most widely used oil in when it comes to the making of local domestic by those living in the rural areas. As a matter of fact, some industry uses the oil for the making of medicated and skin care soaps selling at a higher price than others. The process of obtaining the palm kernel oil and its cost price made its use to become less than the . The palm kernel oil can be obtained from the frying process of the palm kernel nuts above atmospheric pressure.
- THE : it is the most popular and economically available oil for in . The oil has the advantage of making soaps that are less expensive and can compete effectively in the market competition. It gives rich creamy lather. When the is used alone in the making of , it produces good but when combined with other oils it produces great, hard, long-lasting .
- THE OLIVE OIL: all the various categories of olive oils are good in due to their antioxidant and vitamins. The extra virgin olive oil can be obtained from the olives through the gentle pressing technique. It is the most used and sort-after for the making special soaps. According to the source, 100% olive oil makes the famous “Castile ” and “Marseille ”. Olive oil makes the be hard, moistening, attractive, and bars , etc. the different types of olive oil that exist make it unique for combination either two types or one type with another type of oil to obtain any needed feature in the during .
Originally posted 2018-07-31 18:14:01.
Subscribe to our email list and follow our social media pages for regular and timely updates.
You can submit your article for free review and publication by using “PUBLISH YOUR ARTICLE” page at the MENU Buttons.
If you love this post please share it to using the social media buttons provided before the comment form.