Having an can be easier than expected based on its varying market prices and the availability of various sizes, models, brands and their qualities, etc. The major disadvantage of the had been their inability to use their cartridges as a for a long time.
The majority of do have the issue of cartridge rejection and low quality with refilled cartridges. The cost of some new cartridges in some is half or more than the total cost of the itself.
Due to the high cost of new cartridges and their subsequent disadvantages in term of cost, many users prefer using the cartridges or refilling the finished inks in the to minimize cost.
The skill and technicalities in the refilling of the inks may be hard for the novice to carry out. The early users of will always experience with the way to the cartridges but if the procedures can be acquired by the user, it could go a long way to reduce the cost of operating the .
The issue of over-filling of the cartridges, inks discharge and soaking on papers had been few issues associated with refilled cartridges in a .
There will always be a huge difference between a new cartridge and refilled cartridge during any . The first gives clear and better color combinations in their print out while the later makes a print out with reduced color quality and color combinations.
The procedure required to varies according to the , however; small office printer’s cartridge refilling procedures involves the following steps:
- The initial step is to buy office printers refillable ink kits for black and colored. Standard black ink for cartridge cost N400 in for a kit which bears two small bottles of black ink inside it with a syringe and nylon hand gloves, these items come with the kit. While the colored inks for cartridge cost N1000 and contain three small bottles of different colors indicating, yellow, red, and blue. The kit also comes with three syringe and three nylon hand gloves for individual colors contained in the kit.
- Having purchased the inks kits, it is time to initiate the process of refilling the cartridges but before then, it is important to know to a component that makes up the .
- The is basically built with small foam inside to absorb and retain the ink inside the cartridge. The size of the foam and sponge found in cartridges is often based on the type of the cartridge and the cartridge capacity.
- The sponge located in the cartridge is usually embedded into the foam located at the center of the cartridge interior.
- The sponge is made of synthetic, porous rubber, and imbued with water repelling agents. And it repels ink rather than absorbing it and controls the ink flow inside the cartridge.
- To proceed with the refilling , put the cartridge in an area where you can tolerate spills like paper or condemned .
- Gently the label paper at the back of the cartridge, located at its top position. Until the holes on that location is revealed and clearly seen.
- Some cartridges may have multiple holes like three and above, in that case, you may find the actual hole required by using a syringe and insert it into the various holes to detect which of the hole got the syringe stained with ink.
- After locating the actual hole or holes for refilling, open one of the small bottles in the kit you bought in step 1 and fill the syringe with a maximum of 10 ml of black ink.
- With the ink filled in the syringe, insert the needle of the syringe into the actual hole in the cartridge but not too deep rather the needle needs to penetrate to the level of touching the internal sponge only.
- During the injection of the ink with the syringe, you will observe little resistance caused by the action of the sponge in the cartridge. For that reason, the injection must be done slowly and pushing the needle too deep can spoil the whole process.
- Some holes in cartridges may be too small for the syringe needle, the limitation can be resolved by using another object to widen the small holes.
- The filling must be carried out with a small volume of ink per section, like 5ml to 10 ml of syringe loading per hole.
- For cartridges that are physically restricted on the inside, loading 5ml for each hole is recommendable.
- The best time to stop the refilling is when you noticed that the ink has risen to the top of the filler hole opening.
- If the ink flows out of the filer hole in excess, reduce it by drawing little back into the syringe.
- After the filling , allow the cartridge and the filler at its normal upward position to enable the ink to slowly go down and saturate the interior of the cartridge. Enabling the condition will help air to go into the cartridge and assist in the flowing action during .
- After the step 17, replace the cartridge label removed in step 7 and insert the cartridge into the after cleaning its electrical contact points on the front side of the cartridge and cleaning points of the cartridge.
- Allow the cartridge to stay in the for about two hours before using it for or powering the , the reason it to help the ink settle in proper locations and help minimize the error of incompatible cartridge or other errors due to the refilling .
- In the case of malfunction or error signal, turn off the , bring out the cartridge and clean its contact points with the properly and insert it again and try until the error disappears.
If you experience any difficulty in the process, do not hesitate to drop your comment for suggestions and contributions. And help us and others by sharing the knowledge on your social media page using social buttons below the post or copy the link and paste it on the social media page.
Originally posted 2018-07-28 05:25:04.
Subscribe to our email list and follow our social media pages for regular and timely updates.
You can submit your article for free review and publication by using “PUBLISH YOUR ARTICLE” page at the MENU Buttons.
If you love this post please share it to using the social media buttons provided before the comment form.