When considering the awesome benefits of modern engine’s design in terms of , faulty parts signals, speed adjustments, etc., which had increased the modern internal engine’s usability, durability, reliability, and easier repair and maintenance, one would like to know the technicality behind such technology.
Belts and have been part of a mechanical device believed to aid in gaining the mechanical advantage in conveying loads within a specified system. Before the development of cranes, the initial models of cranes were basically relying on though not connected with belts, they were usually connected with steel rope. The application of belts and and the application in terms of lifting loads were carefully written in most physics textbooks.
Imagine a single belt with multiple functions like the one shown in the image above, such is the simplicity of modern engine design. Some manufacturers of automobile engines had been looking for ways to minimize the cost of production and simplify their so that their products can be affordable and user-friendly. A design like this has been discovered in vehicle with few automated mechanism.
However, this design may not be restricted to vehicle engines alone, rather it can be extended to industrial engines which are believed that some manufacturers most have had such design in their .
Let us that a good analysis of the functions this is performing in the by conveying the rotational motion of the engine’s to over 6 ;
- The is connected to the engine’s fuel pump through a which aids the pump to function with the motion of the .
- The is connected to the of the alternator, which aids for easy ignition of the .
- The is connected to the of the timer crank, which actuates the opening and closing of the inlet and outlet manifold.
- The is connected to the of the charger, which aids the of the to be charged when the is in the operational state.
- The is connected to the of the water pump that aids the circulation of water from the to the internal parts of the .
- In some , the is also connected to the of the fan.
- The is assisted by some which act as support for tensioning of the to all the .
The above functions are embedded in just one single .
The benefits this will offer are;
Easy identification of faults, the simplicity of design, less frequency of changing belts connected within two as in the case with with multiple belts, less cost of buying more belts, etc.
Originally posted 2017-08-01 14:19:57.
A mechanical engineer and an NDT inspector by profession. However, I love blogging and sharing of knowledge for human intellectual development, especially relating to engineering fields, environment, and science trending updates. “Engineeringall.com” is a platform for any individual with similar passion, to do so; use the “PUBLISH YOUR ARTICLE” page at the MENU to share your personal ideas, researched knowledge, or discovered incidents, etc.to those in the engineering & & the general online communities across the globe. If you love this post please share using the social buttons below.