Following the continued competition in design between foreign doors and Nigerian made doors most customers still prefer foreign despite its high cost, some of these customers usually attribute their choice for foreign doors as a result of some security features they provide which may not be seen in Nigerian made doors for this reason Nigerian door have started cloning foreign and making every attempt to ensure local have even more features than foreign while still maintaining their advantage of lower cost.
In regard to the above competition, some professional have device a means of ensuring that local can have a bulletproof feature. And the techniques used by most of this will be discussed in this post including the materials mostly use them for such purpose.
Before now most of local usually contain a single plate which may be designed by cutting and shaping techniques or by using an already pressed steel plate which usually comes with numerous . These plates are usually attached at the center of the local , but for cost management, they are usually one for each local . Meanwhile, the foreign usually come with double steel plates for its front and back sides, and this design is the security advantage it has over local , the recent improvements in local have resorted to the use of the same double plates so that obtaining all the features of foreign would be possible. Below are the advantages of using double plates for local :
- It provides higher rigidity for the
- It helps the frames of the door to wrap firmly and neatly with the two sides plates
- It reduces the use of fillers for the door appearance enhancement
- It provides means to insert bulletproof feature in the door
- It will help the door to have even more features when compared to that of foreign
- It also makes it possible for the door to have numerous and strategic locking arrangement making it difficult for anyone who may try to use in opening the door when fully locked.
- However, the design has these few disadvantages:
- It makes the door to cost more after fabrication
- It makes the door very to carry or convey to location
- It takes the experience to fabricate it successfully
Despite the few disadvantages, the use of this design is increasing every day due to the high cost of foreign emanating from the inflation in currency exchange of US dollars. The most common method of converting a locally made double steel plate into a bulletproof door is usually done using the following techniques:
- The frames of the plates will first be attached leaving the upper side to be open.
- The three sides plate frames fixed will be properly welded and fitted in such a way that they are ready for assembling, the reason is to ensure rigidity before adding the bulletproof solution.
- The next step is adding a highly concentrated concrete mixture consisting of marbles and granites of small sizes into the internal gap between the two steel plates attached to the front and back of the door.
- The solution is poured into the gap until the entire gap is filled up to a specific level close to the top, at this point, the frames meant for the steel plates at the top side are then fixed and welded firmly to it.
After the above process, it may take some days when the solution will solidify and become a very high source of strength for the door such that any object cannot through the door including any bullet from a gunshot, according to the welder who has done and fabricated several models of that door.
Originally posted 2017-06-18 16:05:09.
Subscribe to our email list and follow our social media pages for regular and timely updates.
You can submit your article for free review and publication by using “PUBLISH YOUR ARTICLE” page at the MENU Buttons.
If you love this post please share it to using the social media buttons provided before the comment form.