What are the Best Engineering Universities in the World?
We shall be discussing the top-ranked universities in the world here. If your dream is to school in one of the best universities in the world for engineering programs then this post will be very useful.
The top engineering schools in the world are not or may not necessarily mean the overall best universities rather they are best in the field of engineering due to their sophistication and records in engineering programs.
The world universities are ranked in several ways such as programs offered, level of certifications, and overall rankings based on other factors such as the number of students, standards, infrastructure, history, and many others.
This post will be dealing basically with ranking based on programs in the engineering field. The ranking is a worldwide collection of universities offering engineering programs and their sophistication and level of quality in terms of delivering of the various engineering programs offered by the universalities.
The best engineering universities also reflect the universities with high versatile engineering programs and the ones with a consistent upgrade to modern engineering facilities for the purpose of teaching all the engineering professions offered by the school. Before now, infrastructure and academic history seemed to play some roles in school ranking this ranking seems to focus on other areas instead.
The universities below are the top 50 rated Universities in the world offering engineering programs. The numerical arrangement reflects their ranking according to the usnews report.
Top-Ranked 60 Engineering Universities in the World
- Tsinghua University, China, Beijing
- Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, Singapore
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, United States, Cambridge (U.S.)
- National University of Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
- Harbin Institute of Technology, China, Harbin
- Stanford University, United States, Stanford
- University of California–Berkeley, United States, Berkeley
- Aalborg University, Denmark, Aalborg
- Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China, Wuhan
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China, Shanghai
- Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong, Kowloon
- Zhejiang University, China, Hangzhou
- Southeast University, China, Nanjing
- Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich, Switzerland, Zurich
- Tongji University, China, Shanghai
- Xi’an Jiaotong University, China, Xi’an
- Imperial College London, United Kingdom, London (U.K.)
- Georgia Institute of Technology, United States, Atlanta
- City University Hong Kong, Hong Kong, Kowloon
- University of New South Wales, Australia, Kensington
- University of Michigan–Ann Arbor, United States, Ann Arbor
- Central South University, China, Changsha
- Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, Delft
- Beihang University, China, Beijing
- Harvard University, United States, Cambridge (U.S.)
- University of Malaya, Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur
- University of Tehran, Iran Tehran
- University of Technology Sydney, Australia Ultimo
- Hunan University, China, Changsha
- Polytechnic University of Milan, Italy, Milan
- Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong|Hong Kong
- Peking University, China, Beijing
- University of Adelaide, Australia, Adelaide
- University of Science and Technology of China, China, Hefei
- University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, Pok Fu Lam
- South China University of Technology, China, Guangzhou
- Beijing Institute of Technology, China, Beijing
- Tianjin University, China, Tianjin
- École Polytechnique Federale of Lausanne, Switzerland, Lausanne
- Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Malaysia, Johor
- University of Sydney, Australia Sydney
- Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, Kongens Lyngby
- University of Electronic Science and Technology of China, China, Chengdu
- Islamic Azad University, Iran, Tehran
- Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden, Stockholm
- Dalian University of Technology, China, Dalian
- University of Illinois–Urbana-Champaign, United States, Champaign
- University of Chicago, United States, Chicago
- Chongqing University, China, Chongqing
- University of Waterloo, Canada, Waterloo
- University of Texas–Austin, United States, Austin
- Carnegie Mellon University, United States, Pittsburgh
- Northwestern Polytechnical University, China, Xi’an
- University of Toronto, Canada, Toronto
- Purdue University–West Lafayette, United States, West Lafayette
- China University of Petroleum, China, Qingdao
- Chinese University Hong Kong, Hong Kong, Shatin
- University of Cambridge, United Kingdom, Cambridge (U.K.)
- University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, China, Beijing
- Catholic University of Leuven, Belgium, Leuven
If you dream to be among the world’s best engineering universities for any of your engineering programs and level of certification, thorough research on any of these above universities could lead to the right destination.
A lot of intending students wish to study in the top-ranked universities not just for the acquisition of the certificates but the prestige it offers as well.
Take some time and visit each of the universities’ websites for thorough details of the programs they offer in engineering and make your best decisions based on information made available to you.
Philip is a graduate of Mechanical engineering and an NDT inspector with vast practical knowledge in other engineering fields, and software.
He loves to write and share information relating to engineering and technology fields, science and environmental issues, and Technical posts. His posts are based on personal ideas, researched knowledge, and discovery, from engineering, science & investment fields, etc.
You can submit your article for free review and publication by using the “PUBLISH YOUR ARTICLE” page at the MENU Buttons.
If you love this post please share it with your friends using the social media buttons provided.