Hi, EngineeringAll.com Thank you for this blog and the information you have shared. My question has to do with the fact that my engine oil keeps draining in my generator. This makes me keep changing the piston. The mechanic is confused about this because every time he services it, he has to change the piston. It's a maxi generator. This thing has drained my money and I'm tired. Please help
Hello Sally Kenneth! We understand what you are going through. Actually, lack of engine oil or insufficient engine oil in your generator can cause engine knocking which will require you to change your piston and rings each time it happens. Such situation is quite frustrating. However, you need to find out what is causing the engine oil frequent leakage or shortage in your Maxi Generator, we have many posts that have answers to such problem, if you can not see any of them, click the 'Engine' or 'Generator' category to view posts on engine or generator issues. You can also use the search box to search for previous posts on EngineeringAll.com regarding Engine oil shortage. Meanwhile, note the following as possible cause of your engine oil drop in your Maxi Generator:
- Damaged gaskets or improperly fixed gaskets in the engine parts
- cracked internal part of the engine.
- using the wrong engine oil with low viscosity
- if the problem started from the first day you bought the generator then the problem may be wrong material selection used in making the engine parts, such mistake leads to engine overheating and it drains your oil.
- You can read the previous posts for more possible cause.