UNDERSTAND HOW TO EASILY ASSEMBLE A STANDING FAN
The use of the fan has become popular because of the mobility options it offers over ceiling fans and wall fans. Besides table fans which are another classification of standing fans no other categories of electric fans offer better mobility options.
The mobility option means that the fan can easily be moved from place to place and also used in any other place without any need to disassemble it.
Electric fan problems are inevitable after using them for years. However, the duration the fan stayed before the problems start manifesting can be attributed to the quality of the fan, installation/assembling method, & its usability during those periods.
To reduce the risks involved in causing most electric fan problems, we shall be highlighting the assembling process of the most widely used electric fan which is the standing fan.
Generally standing fans used to come in a boxed carton having the various parts of the fan inside the carton in an unassembled state. The condition always leaves the customers with the option of assembling the fan by themselves after purchasing it.
According to one popular electric fan dealer, he said the parking system of standing fan and other electric fans were done to minimize space, reduce the cost of packaging materials, and avoid packaging waste.
Standing fan’s parts were made to fit together after the assembling, the parts were also made for easy disassembling for the purpose of storage or maintenance.
STEP-BY-STEP PROCEDURES ON HOW TO EASILY ASSEMBLE A STANDING FAN
The process of assembling the standing fans is a sequential action that must be followed according to the manufacturer’s specifications and one of the popular procedures is highlighted below:
- Open the packaging box of the standing fan and bring out all the parts in it carefully until the box becomes empty.
- Some of the boxes do have an assembling manual in them but not all, so check for any manual in the box/carton if you can’t find any, proceed with the next steps written below.
- Start the assembling process by; bringing out the support base, and the standing pole from their waterproof sealing and fastening the two together using the screw slots provided or threaded lines depending on the design of the fan.
- The standing pole has a joint which makes it adjustable, use that joint to set the required height of the standing fan, by raising or lowering the upper part of it and fastening it with the screw or any other fastening technic provided by the manufacturer. Another way can be to lose the height adjustment ring and extend the support pole to your desired height, but the base cover over the cross base.
- Retighten the height adjustment ring to prevent slipping, then place the fan assembly onto the pole and tighten the pole screw manually.
- To assemble the safety grille and blade assembly, remove the spinner by turning it clockwise, then the locking nut by turning it anticlockwise from the motor spindle.
- Place the back safety grille into position, and ensure the safety grille fits onto the locating lugs. If this is done correctly, the safety grille’s carry handle will be located at the top.
- Attach a rearguard to the motor unit fixed with screws.
- Attach fan blade to the spindle motor fixed with blade nut of the fixed screw.
- Attach front guard clamp with clips provided by the front or rear guard.
THE OPERATIONAL PROCEDURE OF AN ELECTRIC STANDING FAN
It is very necessary to understand the operational procedures of the electric standing fan just as you learn how to easily assemble a standing fan.
Below are the operational procedures you need to learn:
- Remove the cable tie and unravel the cord set before an operation.
- The fan and motor assembly are attached to a three-position ratchet. Tilt-up or down until the assembly clicks into the desired position.
- For speed adjustment, press the speed button to adjust between low-medium-high settings. Press or turn to button 1 for the speed of the fan at that speed the same applies to speeds of buttons 2, 3, 4, and 5 respectively.
- To turn off the fan move/press/turn its button on the ”O” indication.
- To control to oscillation motion of the fan (that is the usual to and fro movement of the fan blade and guard unit which helps to circulate the air in different directions), push the oscillation knob usually at the top, below, or beside the motor of the standing fan depending on the brand’s design to make the fan to oscillate. Pulling the knob upward will make the fan stop oscillating.
SAFETY PRECAUTIONS WHEN USING AN ELECTRIC STANDING FAN
While learning the steps involved in how to easily assemble a standing fan, there is a need to know the various safety precautions when using an electric standing Fan.
Below are the safety precautions regarding standing fan:
- Improper installation may result in the result of the risk of fire, electric shock, or injury to persons.
- To prevent the risk of fire and electric shock, do not use the unit near windows
- The power plug must be removed from the power socket before cleaning, servicing, or being moved from one location to another.
- The fan should be placed on a flat and stable surface when operating to avoid overturning.
- The fan should not be placed in a damp place or where humidity is high like in the bathrooms.
- Electric fan plugs should be removed from sockets whenever they are not in use or whenever the owner is leaving the house.
- It is unsafe to allow children to come close to the standing fan or play with it when it is in operation because they may try inserting an object or their finger into the rotating blade of the fan through the fan guard spaces.
- It is unsafe to operate the standing fan without a safety guard on it, it can cause a severe accident from the rotating blade if any human body comes in contact with it.
- Ensure the fan was properly assembled and all its screws and threaded joints were properly fastened especially the blade unit so it wouldn’t fly out by any means under high speed.
- When any serious technical problem is observed take the fan to an electrician for proper repair.
The above details have discussed beyond how to easily assemble a standing fan, other aspects of standing fan topics have been included. Please do us the favor of feedback by using the comment section to tell us any challenge you are having in assembling the standing fan.
An update to this post will be added later to give more details on the above explanations.
Philip is a graduate of Mechanical engineering and an NDT inspector with vast practical knowledge in other engineering fields, and software.
He loves to write and share information relating to engineering and technology fields, science and environmental issues, and Technical posts. His posts are based on personal ideas, researched knowledge, and discovery, from engineering, science & investment fields, etc.
You can submit your article for free review and publication by using the “PUBLISH YOUR ARTICLE” page at the MENU Buttons.
If you love this post please share it with your friends using the social media buttons provided.