Working in an industrial production line is a tedious task such that, it is not everyone that can be allowed to work considering some factors which include health status, strength, and experience, etc. some good example of production lines are; finished parts assembling line and raw material feeding line, etc. these industrial production lines are always busy, noisy, and filled with lots of moving parts of various machines performing their specific functions. The work of staffs in the production lines that were fully automated can be just assembling, packaging and evacuation of finished products. These functions will also be expected from any human-robot that intends to take over such functions.
While there are many predicted by the and other search bodies to take over human jobs in the next few years, little was said about the . Samples of still in development were meant to become teachers, surgeons, drivers, receptionists, and sales representatives, etc. but little was said about making to at the production lines of the rather scientists are focusing more attention to see how to make to become fully . So instead of human in the industry, we are expecting fully industrial with little or no human aid to carry out full production activities including packaging and storage.
The reasons discovered so far, why some of these may not directly on production lines are:
- Their bodies were made of steel, leather, rubber, and plastics, etc. having several joints and links thereby making their functions to be those with less stress or workload.
- The insensitivity of some of the can make them not to take proper notice of their fingers and toes locations which is very important when approaching any moving part of a .
- It is believed that such working directly on the production line can pose more risk of accident than humans.
- The moving parts of the in the production line can drag and crush the in pieces if any part of the goes into the moving parts by mistake.
- The may not be intelligent enough to detect dangerous malfunctions capable of disaster and make an emergency escape.
- Production lines are always noisy which may tamper with the functionalities used in making the .
- Improperly programmed walking at the production line can cause an accident capable of damaging the entire production lines.
- are prone to electrocution due to their metallic parts. If they were not properly sealed with rubber flesh or leather flesh.
- The presence of any within the production line can impair the functionality which can be a serious risk factor. The in the production line may be coming from a nearby industrial , electric transformers, electric motors used in making the used in the production lines, and magnetic fields coming from two close to interrupt their programmed functions.
- Some of the new robots were not meant to lift a load that is more than 200kg, hence using them in a production line where such load exists will yield no positive result.
Besides the above ten reasons, there may still be others which experience and practical approach would reveal. However, the above points will not overrule any fact of having special in the production lines later. But such will be specifically made bearing in mind the danger that surrounds working in a production line. Therefore it can be said that such special are yet to be developed.
Originally posted 2018-03-29 16:00:56.
A mechanical engineer and an NDT inspector by profession. However, I love blogging and sharing of knowledge for human intellectual development, especially relating to engineering fields, environment, and science trending updates. “Engineeringall.com” is a platform for any individual with similar passion, to do so; use the “PUBLISH YOUR ARTICLE” page at the MENU to share your personal ideas, researched knowledge, or discovered incidents, etc.to those in the engineering & & the general online communities across the globe. If you love this post please share using the social buttons below.