High-starting in an can be referred to as; when the is unable to start easily as a sound would do. do encounter high-starting from one time to another and the causes of such do vary from one model to another as well, but basically, there are root factors that usually contribute to the or rather are the main areas of focus when such develops.
Diesel engines are not exempted in terms of high-starting. They are one of the heavy-duty engines available in the market today and uses the same procedure of ignition like the petrol . The high-starting coming from is usually frustrating because a lot of energy is usually employed in turning the to cause the to start, but when the expectation was not met; it can make the operator become tired and frustrated.
There are many factors that can cause such in and they include:
- Element: An element in a is that component that helps in the ignition system by heating up the , making the to increase which will help the to have quick ignition during .
- Nozzle: The nozzle is located at the tip of the injector, its function is to pour atomized coming from the injector into the chamber intermediately, when the nozzle is faulty, it may stop pouring completely or may reduce the volume of atomized it usually release to the chamber thereby leading to high-starting.
- Injector: The injector serves as the pressurizer, it builds up the pressure that makes it possible for the nozzle to atomize the while releasing it into the chamber. The injector also helps in the timing of the nozzle, which makes the nozzle to pour out the atomized at specific time intervals. When the injector becomes faulty, high-starting becomes inevitable and in some cases, the may not even start at all.
- pump: The pump helps to pump the to the injector through a small metal hose, the from the pump can cause high-starting in most cases, and it can lead to an inability of the to start.
- : The of the does affect its starting speed, if has not been used for a long time and its is very low especially early in the morning or during harmattan season, the may be experiencing high-starting sometimes and that cannot actually be termed as because it is temporal.
These factors are the major areas of focus to the problems of diesel engines high-starting, however; their effect does not mean the damage or of all of them rather any faulty part of the mentioned above can lead to high-starting without a combination of another factor.
Despite the five-listed factors, there are other minor factors that could contribute to high-starting and such includes:
- Damaged bearings
- Turning the slowly
- Bad and poor system, etc.
These minor factors are negligible and rarely surface except when the user is careless in the handlings.
Originally posted 2018-05-19 05:27:40.
A mechanical engineer and an NDT inspector by profession. However, I love blogging and sharing of knowledge for human intellectual development, especially relating to engineering fields, environment, and science trending updates. “Engineeringall.com” is a platform for any individual with similar passion, to do so; use the “PUBLISH YOUR ARTICLE” page at the MENU to share your personal ideas, researched knowledge, or discovered incidents, etc.to those in the engineering & & the general online communities across the globe. If you love this post please share using the social buttons below.