The which has been a major source of light to the earth and other planets has been on the lips of many people either for research or writing about it in a little way they know. The has several characteristics associated with its existence as was written down by many researchers in the past. Before going into the full content of this article let us know SOME THINGS SAID ABOUT THE .
- It was said that the is the center of the entire solar system.
- It is a nearly perfect sphere of hot plasma, with an internal convective motion that generates a through a dynamo process.
- It has a diameter measuring about 1.39 million kilometers, which is 109 times that of the earth.
- The has a mass that is 330,000 times than that of the earth, with such mass; it is believed that the accounts for 99.86% of the total mass in the solar system.
- Three-quarter of the contains 73% of , 25% of helium and other elements such iron, neon, oxygen, and carbon, in small quantities.
- The is being referred to as a G-type main sequence star by astronomers based on its spectral class.
- The is believed to be formed at approximately 4.6 billion years ago from the gravitational collapse of matter within a region of a large molecular cloud, which makes some scientists refer to it as a yellow dwarf.
- It is believed that the existence of the formed the solar system which is a base for the yearly calendar.
- It is believed that the is middle-aged, it has not changed unexpectedly for more than 4 billion years and is predicted to remain stable for more than the next 5 billion years.
- It is believed that when the fusion going on in the has diminished to the point at which it is no longer in equilibrium, which can take more than 5 billion years; the will increase in density and while the outer layers will expand to become red giants. At such instance, the will become sufficiently large to engulf planets closer to it such as Mercury and Venus, and such condition will render the earth inhabitable due to intense heat from the which will become very close to the earth.
WHY WERE THESE RELIGIOUS HISTORIES RELATED TO THE ?
Sumerians believed that was Utu, (the god of justice and twin brother to Inanna (Queen of Heaven)).
In ancient Egypt, the was worshiped as the god Ra, while in the new empire, the became Dung beetle.
In proto-Indo-European religion, the was personified as the goddess Seh2ul.
In ancient Greek religion, the was the male god Helios, while traces of earlier female solar deity were preserved in Helen of Troy, later Helios was syncretized with Apollo.
In ancient Roman culture, Sunday was the day for the god of the , later it was adopted as the Sabbath day without Jewish backup.
It is believed that the celebration of the solstice () which influenced Christmas) was part of the Roman cult of the unconquered god (sol invictus).
The god, Tonatiuh, the Aztec god of the , was usually depicted holding arrows and shield and closely associated with human sacrifice.
The Japanese emperors were believed to be descendants of the goddess Amaterasu, which is the most important deity in the Shinto religion.
Having gone through all these facts about the and how people worshiped it in the past, and how some still do even till date, what do we say of true religion? In the Christian faith, Malachi 4:2; what was the bible referring to as of righteousness?
Originally posted 2018-05-05 05:27:39.
A mechanical engineer and an NDT inspector by profession. However, I love blogging and sharing of knowledge for human intellectual development, especially relating to engineering fields, environment, and science trending updates. “Engineeringall.com” is a platform for any individual with similar passion, to do so; use the “PUBLISH YOUR ARTICLE” page at the MENU to share your personal ideas, researched knowledge, or discovered incidents, etc.to those in the engineering & & the general online communities across the globe. If you love this post please share using the social buttons below.