The laser as a recent technology in the system serves as an extension to other laser technologies already incorporated into the modern . Generally, the introduction of laser systems into the industrial has brought another view, hope, and expectations towards the possible that will exist in the future. So the laser being introduced is a good sign of improvement in the use laser technologies for modern .
It is believed that more improvements in the use of the laser for will still be coming up especially having it incorporated into the future systems.
In terms of explanation, a laser is a laser technology which the active medium is an optical doped with rare earth elements such as erbium, ytterbium, thulium, neodymium, and dysprosium, etc. the technology related to the doped amplifiers which usually provide light without lasing. A laser can have a gain media in the form of nonlinearities such as stimulated Raman scattering or four-wave mixing in its operation.
There are numerous advantages the laser has over the existing laser technology and those advantages include:
- laser has its light coupled into a flexible which enables the light to be moved and focused to into intricate location not ordinarily possible for static light. This advantage is very important for special such as the laser cutter, laser , and metal folding .
- The wavelength of the laser has higher quality than others. The reason is that the light coupled into the is moveable which makes it possible to focus the light on the actual spot needed, thereby; reducing diffraction of the light yielding high-quality optical beam.
- lasers can have active regions several kilometers long, and so can provide very high optical gain. They can support kilowatt levels of continuous output power because of the fiber’s high surface area to volume ratio, which allows efficient cooling.
- When comparing laser to rod and lasers, the laser is more compacted than the other laser of the same comparable power due to the flexible which can be bent and coiled together to save .
- laser has a more extended life with the very low maintenance schedule, besides the above, it exhibits high and in terms of vibrations.
- The high peak and nanosecond pulses of the fiber laser enables effective marking and engraving machining operation.
- lasers provide cleaner cut edges and faster-cutting speed because of the high and focused beam that it offers.
- It is believed that laser may be cheaper when compared to their counterparts in terms of power output. Since their sizes are relatively small.
- Due to the numerous advantages, laser has now been incorporated into the technology used in making a high-performance surface-acoustic-wave.
- laser may have wider application than others due to the flexibility of its usage.
These are the advantages the laser have over other laser technologies.
Originally posted 2018-05-11 17:28:39.
A mechanical engineer, an NDT inspector, Graphic designer & Web developer, I love and sharing of knowledge for human intellectual development, especially relating to fields, environment, and science trending updates.
“Engineeringall.com” is a , to do so; use the “PUBLISH YOUR ARTICLE” page at the MENU to share your personal ideas, researched knowledge, or discovered incidents, etc.to those in the & & the general online communities across the globe. If you love this post please share using the social buttons below.