Unlike Android smartphones that often include built-in ability to read and add extra storage via microSD memory cards, Apple’s iPhone and iPad need an adapter to import photos and videos from memory cards. At face value, that may seem frustrating, however, Apple is able to give better security by controlling how memory cards have to with iOS devices.
Keep in mind that applying for SD and microSD cards with the iPhone and iPad is limited to importing photos and videos to the Photos app. If you’re viewing to save, store, and move files more easily, you’ll desire to pick up a Lightning flash drive like SanDisk’s iXpand.
Pick up an SD microSD adapter
- Apple’s official Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader runs in a few USD. If someone has an iPad Pro with USB-C, Apple’s USB-C to SD Card Camera Reader sells for in a few USD. These just with regular size SD cards, so you’ll need a microSD to SD adapter if someone doesn’t have one already.
Alternately, the top-selling Lightning to SD microSD card reader on Amazon is priced at in a few USD. It also has slots for both SD and microSD cards, so someone doesn’t require to worry concerning the SD to microSD adapter like with Apple’s card readers.
A great alternative to Apple’s in a few USD USB-C version is Uni’s USB-C to SD card reader for in a few USD. It also has separate slots for SD and microSD cards.
Plugin the SD card adapter to your iPhone or iPad
- Insert the SD or microSD card from which someone desired to import photos and videos
- The Photos app will robotically launch and give someone the option to import media
- If it doesn’t, open the Photos app and tap the Import tab at the bottom
- For troubleshooting issues with importing photos and videos from SD cards, have a look at this Apple assist document.
Originally posted 2019-08-31 18:04:43.
Subscribe to our email list and follow our social media pages for regular and timely updates.
You can submit your article for free review and publication by using “PUBLISH YOUR ARTICLE” page at the MENU Buttons.
If you love this post please share it to using the social media buttons provided before the comment form.