When it comes to building projects, serious considerations usually occur in regard to the issue of sucker pit and the general aspects of waste and water management. Sucker pit is a large and deep hole made on the ground around the building and cemented or plastered with layers of blocks for the purpose of gathering water and waste like the sewage and wastewater from the washing basin in the kitchen.
Besides gathering the from the toilet, wastewater from the kitchen, the can also be connected with water coming from the bathroom and the entire . The design and types of sucker pits that exist had been treated previously.
The current post shall be dealing on how to make a chamber for . A chamber is a kind of gathering unit from bathroom and toilet channels helping the waste and water mixture to properly move into the . It is a crucial aspect of channeling system used where there are redirections of flow. In other words, there may not be any need for chamber if the flow of waste moves directly to the without any corner.
Another limitation is that the chamber could be replaced with elbow PVC pipes. However, the use of elbow channels is not usually encouraged due to their possibility of blocking anytime. If the elbow , there wouldn’t be any other option than to break it up and replace with new one. Meanwhile, in the case of a chamber, the top covering will be removed while stick can be used to the object blocking the waste out from the channel.
Chamber has become a normal way of channeling waste in cornered directions. It helps to ensure proper redirection and easily stop any object that could the pipes from entering into the next pipe or pipes attached to it.
In other to make a simple chamber for the , the builder can use about three to set it up. For that require about six can be used. Here are the procedures for it:
- Arrange the in a rectangular on the ground surface, having obtained the measurements of the the chamber could take.
- Standard arrangement for a small chamber is one on either side and one will be divided into two and will be used to fill up the gaps that exist between the two .
- Make a mortar with the good volume of for the making of a of the chamber, cementing its interlocks, and possibly plaster the inner walls of the to avoid weakening from constant contact with water.
- Allow the whole arrangement to solidify for about six hours.
- Based on the measurement you took earlier, crack the necessary locations on the sides of the chamber and insert the PVC pipes into each hole and use another mortar to fill up the holes or gaps that may exist between the chamber and the PVC pipes.
- The next step is to make a top cover for the chamber. To do that, form a cast concrete with crossed rods or simply use a flat surface material to cover the top of the chamber and then pour concrete on the top.
- Ensure that no opening exists on or around the chamber otherwise it could lead to environmental .
Note that, the chamber has the disadvantage of causing smell or irritating environmental pollution due to drips of sewage and other wasteful water that could be coming out from it when in an improper way or done by a novice. The keyword is to ensure no leakage by using quality and concentrated mortar.
Originally posted 2018-10-14 07:00:03.
Subscribe to our email list and follow our social media pages for regular and timely updates.
You can submit your article for free review and publication by using “PUBLISH YOUR ARTICLE” page at the MENU Buttons.
If you love this post please share it to using the social media buttons provided before the comment form.