made by are currently the most used in the country. Before now, wooden are more popular and cheaper. Besides that, wooden are also easier to fix than other .
The need for beauty and security made most builders to consider the . Due to the high cost of the imported , customers go after the domestic fabricated by in .
The domestic or locally made , offer lots of advantages over the foreign especially in the area of costs, installation, and maintenance, etc. though some of the domestic do have hinge problems, the advantages seem to make the issue a minor one.
Using the doors for a new building will not only make the building look very solid and aesthetic, it will make it have a modern look like other buildings around it. Though there had been improvement recently in wooden doors due to the decline in demand caused by the fabricated doors, builders have not actually thought it necessary to put the wooden doors in the place of despite the beauty of the wooden if not for any reason, at least for safety/ security purpose.
However, in order to save cost and maintain security standard, some builders prefer using the double frame security for the entrance and exit routes of the while the wooden will be fixed at all the internal spaces. I.e. as room , and kitchen door, etc.
However, almost every new have the fixed in its bathroom/toilet. The idea is to reduce the frequency of changing the wooden . If the wooden were to be fixed in the bathroom, the continuous soaking with water as the time progresses will make the wood to become weak leading to early damage and collapse of the door. Iron door ensures that such does not occur.
We have now seen the importance of the . Maybe it’s time we talk about the installation process. One thing is to buy the and another issue is to fix it correctly.
It is very important to hire an expert to fix your , otherwise, its durability may not be guaranteed. The material used in making the have no problem with who or how the door was fixed, but the hinge does.
In a clear term, when an armature fixes the door, the hinges may not be properly aligned or the vertical/horizontal of the door may not be in its proper position. This defect cannot be noticed by mere looking at the door after fixing it except when a precision measuring instrument is used example is the spirit gauge.
The evidence that shows an incorrect door installation is a rattling sound usually heard when trying to open or close the door. Other pieces of evidence are; inability to close properly, frequent cracking of the hinges from the welded joints and uneven spaces between the frame and the door, etc.
When an iron door was fabricated in an incorrect way, it will lead to misalignment which may be very visible by visual inspection, so experts can handle the area of making a choice indoors and how to fix it. Meanwhile, in a situation that no one is there to fix the door for you and you want to pack into your house as fast as possible, here are some steps you should take to fix the and pack into your new :
- The first step is to inspect the and ensure they have a perfect with the frames. Most do have small iron pipe/rod attached to the frame at the center of the outer side of the frames. The welded piece of metal can be four pieces, two at the upper side while two at the lower side as shown by the picture below.
- Take the measurement of the door frame to ensure, it corresponds to the in the . If every side of the frame tarries with the in the , then use a chisel and a hammer to break some portions off the to help the anchoring iron pipe/rods attached to the frame enter inside properly. Where a large clearance exists between the frame and the door , fill it up with stones or broken .
- Use spirit plumb or spirit gauge to align the door to the nearest accuracy possible. At that spot, use woods or anything to hold the door in a stationary position ensuring it does not shift or lose its .
- Prepare a mortar consisting of sharp sand, , and gravel or stones at the appropriate ratio. (Sometimes using 25kg of for 1 wheelbarrow of sand and a ¼ wheelbarrow of stones can ). If you are using stones or gravel, it should be hammered to pieces such that entering into the frame spaces wouldn’t be a problem.
- Use the mortar to fill up all the holes/spaces between the and the wall. Do not apply the mortar with pressure otherwise, you may shift it from its made earlier.
- Allow the concrete (mortar) to solidify in its position. This ensures a rigid connection between the and the wall.
Subscribe to our email list and follow our social media pages for regular and timely updates.
You can submit your article for free review and publication by using “PUBLISH YOUR ARTICLE” page at the MENU Buttons.
If you love this post please share it to using the social media buttons provided before the comment form.