Oil filter is a major component in the lubrication system that helps to keep the oil clean as it circulates around the when the is running. Meanwhile, as the time progresses, the filter oil passage do . The reason for the blockage is as a result of the accumulated dirt from the oil. In such a situation, the oil will be forced to bypass the filter through the pressure relief .
In the case that the filter becomes blocked, there are ways you can clean it up and replace it back without the need for a new filter. In that case, here are the few steps you should take;
HOW TO CLEAN BOWL TYPE FILTER
- Place a drip tray under the filter and undo the securing bolts. This will be at the base of the bowl, or on top of the filter housing.
- the bowl and tip the contents into a suitable container. Note the arrangement of any springs and washers around the center bolt.
- There will be a sealing ring in a groove in the filter housing. Use a skewer or some other pointed instrument to spear it and ease it out.
- Clean dirt from the grove with a corner of the cloth and insert the new rubber ring supplied with the filter element. Take care not to twist the ring by using a mirror to it.
- After washing the filter bowl in a paraffin to any sludge, insert the new element.
- Position the bowl against the sealing ring and hold it firmly in place while the fixing bolt is hand-tightened. Finally, tighten the bolt with a spanner.
- Th the sump filled with oil, for leaks at the filter while the is running. Leaks are usually caused by a loose fixing bolt, or an improperly seated or twisted sealing ring.
HOW TO CLEAN CENTRIFUGAL TYPE FILTER
The operates by throwing any deposit in the oil to the outside as it rotates. To clean it, it will be separated and the deposit will be scraped out. The scraped content will be washed in paraffin and afterward, the two halves will be reassembled back.
Some centrifugal filters carry ignition timing marks; these should be marked with a dab of so that they can be refitted in exactly the same position in relation to the engine-driven half, otherwise, the ignition timing settings will be lost. Here are a few steps on how to do that:
- Place a drip tray under the filter unit.
- Mark the cover for reassembly in the same position and loosen the bolts.
- the bolts and cover. Clean the interior with a brush and paraffin. And reassemble it.
Though many mechanics may have special way or approach in the handling of filter problems especially the blockage issue. These steps mentioned above are the basis for every newbie in the system.
Meanwhile, with the above steps, you have successfully cleaned the filter. In the case of any problem do not hesitate to drop your question here.
Originally posted 2018-08-27 15:22:16.
Subscribe to our email list and follow our social media pages for regular and timely updates.
You can submit your article for free review and publication by using “PUBLISH YOUR ARTICLE” page at the MENU Buttons.
If you love this post please share it to using the social media buttons provided before the comment form.