The issue of had been a major search term online from Nigerians seeking for directions on how to go about their at a lower cost. However, no matter any amount of posts online to answer such questions, it is believed that more articles are still needed to make the issue more specific and clear to anyone embarking on .
Issues of how many to build a house? Cost of in their various sizes? The number of bags of needed for a project? & cost of in a project? and among other issues relating to such project that had actually been a trending search, so I thought it necessary to make a more specific post in regard to projects.
When it comes to roofing there are many factors that will determine the choice a builder should make, and such factors include; financial capacity, required quality of the building, durability in comparison with aesthetic of the building, and the size of the , etc. these factors will determine the type of materials, builders, and beauty the will have at the end of the entire project.
However, if management and less cost of roofing a building are the major priority of the owner, then the following ideas can be necessary and would help to reduce the cost of all the roofing budgets. For a building owner to reduce such cost the following must be observed:
- USING DIRECT DEALERS: if the is a big one, no need of buying materials from the market. The reason is that over 90% of the in the Nigerian markets are third-party dealers, the actual importers and manufacturers have their own offices and they still accept clients directly, which may not actually be marketers on the condition that they buy in a specified minimum quantity. Buying your and materials like , nails, and facials, etc. from them will cut-off the price being added by the third-party dealers in the market. Besides that, some of the company can specify some months or years of guarantee in their , which can become an advantage and an assurance of quality product.
- CONSIDER YOUR FINANCIAL STRENGTH & DURABILITY: quality is good and a good characteristic of quality is durability, if your budgets were focused on cost reduction only without giving thought to durability, then you may end up repeating the entire process after a specific period of time which technically may not be viewed as being economical. The real economical idea must put durability into consideration. The ranges of are:
- Stone (metro )(per square meter )
- Long span (by roof measurement)
- Short span (Cameroon ) (4 feet by 6 feet, 50 pcs, cost =N54, 000)
- (an alloy of aluminum sheets)(2 ½ feet by 6 feet, 20pcs, cost N22000)
- Corrugated Zinc ( plated with zinc on the surfaces) (2 ½ feet by 6feet, 12 pcs, N10,000)
- (breakable ) (2 ½ feet by 6feet, N1200 per piece)
- Plastic (2 ½ feet by 6feet, N900 per piece)
These listed are according to their cost starting from the first to the last respectively. The choice you make as the owner of the will determine the cost of the budgets, however, their durability will depend on the thickness and the material that the were made from.
- AESTHETIC IS A CHOICE: the beauty of the is a choice for the owner. The beauty of lies on the actual type of used not necessarily in terms of quality but color, neat arrangements of the sheets, how current the are in the market and the type of buildings that uses such type of . Any type of sheet choose can last depending on some factors but some can last more than others. Therefore, if money is a problem for the budget consider going for the cheaper and durable like the types in number 4 & number 3.
- ABOUT THE WOODS: a lot of secrets had been hidden when it comes to the types of woods available for and the best type. The carpenters and builders specialize in their experience to make a good fortune from their clients when it comes to woods for works. From my records, there are two basic types of woods for which are; the softwoods and the hardwoods. Some carpenters claim that softwoods are better for , for the reason that it makes their easier since the wood can be cut and nailed easily with less stress. While the hardwoods provide the opposite of that by making the harder and time-consuming. However, some experts have specified hardwoods to be able to bear more loads and not easily eaten by termites. Whichever wood the builder and client accept to use in the , should be treated with condemned oil or a special chemical to avoid termite attack on the wood after the project. The treatment should be done before starting the activities to give the woods time to soak the chemical or condemned oil and also get dried up for good handling.
- ABOUT THE CARPENTERS: when making the choice of a carpenter to roof your go for the experienced even if their cost is higher because a mistake of an inexperienced carpenter can cost you more than that which the experienced carpenter would have charged. Another point is to ensure you do not entrust the buying of the materials into the hand of the carpenter, otherwise, you may be on the way of being duped in terms of quality. Instead of that, ask the carpenter to make specifications for all the materials that will be needed for the job, then go to the market with a builder or a wood dealer to obtain the best quality for your .
- MAKING CALCULATIONS FOR THE NUMBER OF WOODS: knowing the number of woods for the roofing is not an easy task and may require the assistance of a builder, a carpenter or an architect to obtain the actual number of woods which can be in an estimated figure. Using the obtained number to make your purchase is a good idea for saving cost and avoiding wastage.
- REQUIRED WOOD SIZES: the normal sizes of woods used in are 2inches by 2inches plywoods, 2inches by 4inches plywoods and facial boards. These three wood sizes are the most used in except in special cases. Some may be omitted and other sizes may be added.
- HOOK UP THE ROOF WITH LINTELS: before commencing the activities proper, it is recommended to anchor the base woods of the roof below the lintels using ¾ rods. This is to ensure that the and its roof were properly fitted together such that nothing would make the wind to have any effect on the roof after the project.
- BEST LABOR BARGAINING OPTION: during the budget, do not bargain to make your payment a daily pay option rather, give it out as a contract to the carpenter and install someone to monitor the use of materials you provided. The terms of the contract should specify the date your will be completed to avoid unnecessary delay in the process. Paying for the labor daily will cause the to be delayed because more days means more money.
- PAYING ATTENTION TO THE ROOF SKELETON: the final beauty of the roof does not rely on the alone rather the roof skeleton job has its own role to play. If the skeleton was made incorrectly or out of specifications for the , then there will be distortions on the roof surfaces after placing on it. It is important to invite an experienced builder to confirm the skeleton of the carpenter before making your last payment on the contract bargained and also before inviting the roofers to place the if that will be done by another group.
The above ideas can be employed when carrying out a project to assist in managing the expenses and reducing the costs.
Originally posted 2018-05-10 05:28:43.
Subscribe to our email list and follow our social media pages for regular and timely updates.
You can submit your article for free review and publication by using “PUBLISH YOUR ARTICLE” page at the MENU Buttons.
If you love this post please share it to using the social media buttons provided before the comment form.