WHAT IS A ?
have been defined as that can carry out certain action or actions without direct contact with them. However, this definition has been referred to as an old definition of because the definition actually made and other devices to be referred to as . Many books consulted before writing this post, defined the as programmable that can carry out complex actions without any external control. This last definition can be attributed to the modern as compared to the earlier definition which included and early .
Details obtained from the history of shown that were initially referred to as any mechanized device that can make moves or perform a certain action when activated from a distance with rope or any mechanism and such is the belief of early centuries of human history. Hence, the two distinctive classifications of definitions drawled the clear difference between what modern days scientists referred to as remote control which may have connections or may be wireless like man lifts used in the construction , , etc. to the modern days' programmable known as .
The history of the is very complex when based on the early century’s definition of which tends to include , man lifts, and other devices as . When drafting the history from that perspective, history of can be dated back as earlier as the B.C.s when Cadmus sowed dragon teeth that turned into soldiers, Pygmalion whose statue of Galatea came to life and so many others of such which existed during the era, but the sources for the actions of those devices and statues were not known to others except their makers for that reason, some of them were seen as magically controlled devices since there was no availability of mechanical power or electrical power that time. During those eras, Hephaestus of Greek created utilitarian three-legged tables that could move about under their own power, in the 11th/12th centuries; Ajatashatru the king of Magadha gathered the Budha’s relics and hid them in an underground protected by mechanical known as “bhuta vahana yanta” brought from the kingdom of Roma visaya until they were destroyed by king Ashoka.The early Christian legends were said to have invented a device with brazen heads that could answer questions posed to them. And Albertus Magnus was said to have invented an entire android which could perform some domestic tasks, a destroyed later by one of his for a disturbance. All these early did not reveal the mechanisms behind their operations.
The first early whose working mechanism was made known is the “THE PIGEON” a postulated mechanical bird by a Greek Mathematician Archytas of Tarentum in the 4th century B.C. meant to use steams for its powering, in 250BC Ctesibius of Alexandra made another device known as “CLEPSYDRA”. In 322 BC Aristotle speculated in his book “POLITICS” that slavery could be abolished one day due to the presence of automated devices that could carry out activities like humans. In 1023-957 BC ancient China made mechanical devices that could ring gongs or bells. In 1136-1206, Al-Jazari, a museum inventor made many automated including kitchen appliances which were powered by water.
Leonard Da Vinci in around 1495 made the first in his book discovered in 1950 the bears the look of a knight and was able to sit down, wave arms, move jaws and head. In 1796 Hisashige Tanaka, a Japanese craftsman created another toy some of they could serve tea, fire arrows drawn from a quiver. The above were operated through mechanisms that can be controlled from a distance.
However, the next generation of ancient started through the creation of systems like , and remote-controlled powered by either mechanical energy or electrical energy. The few histories about them can be traced to the 1870s when “Torpedoes” was made by John Ericsson whose model uses a pneumatic system, John Loius Lay’s model uses electric guided the same with the Von Scheliha’s model, the Torpedoes were the first concept of .
All the early models of the Torpedoes were made with controlled system until Nikola Tesla demonstrated the first “wireless radio-controlled Torpedo in 1898. However, Archibald Low has been known as the father of radio-controlled system for his works on guided and during the First World War in 1917 he demonstrated to the Royal Flying Corps his remote-controlled .
History of the modern day’s
In Germany, Friedrich Kaufmann made his first in 1910 which was a soldier with a trumpet and was displayed until 30th April 1950. In 1928 W.H. Richards demonstrated his first at the annual exhibition of the Model Engineers Society in London, the was named Eric and was made with an aluminum suit of with eleven electromagnets and one motor powered by a 12-volt power source, and it operated with voice control or remote control.
In 1948 William Grey Walter of the Burden Neurological Institute at Bristol in England created the first electronic and with complex behaviors, his first was named ELMER. After this last creation of , modern day’s began to spring up with different improvements and functionalities.
HOW MODERN (MODERN ROBOT’S )
The of is based on the full content of the course known as the robotics. Robotics is a course that comprises of courses from other disciplines of and science and that includes mechanical , electrical , computer , , and other and . It the core principle behind modern covering the designing, construction, operations, uses of the and their computer aspects including the creation of the programs installed into the .
The basic idea of the modern robots’ working principle is based on the commands written in programmable languages which is interpretable by computers and can be used by the computer to activate a particular unit of any machine engine attached to it, such that once the program is activated on the computer all the commands represented in the program will be carried out thereby triggering and controlling motors or of any attached to it. Modern have an in-built computer with the required program or programs installed into it, such that when the is activated it will start carrying out all the programmed commands written into the memory or the microcomputer in it.
The above principle has nothing to do with the size, shape, duty, or intended uses of the , etc. they all use the same principle so a fully built modern without any written computer program in it will become dummy and unable to carry out any activity except it is operated with remote control or voice commands.
had been classified generally into the following according to their and functions:
- ANTHROPOMORPHIC : These classification includes the , the Android , and the Cyborg . are that have a similar appearance and look like the human while the android are or synthetic organism designed to look and act like human especially one with a body having a flesh-like resemblance. Cyborg are being with both organic and biomechatronic body parts. The term was coined in 1960.
- CLAYTRONICS : This is an abstract future prediction of that will combine nanoscale robotics and computer science to create individual nanometer-scale computers called Claytronic atoms or catoms which can interact with each other to form tangible 3D objects that a user can interact with.
- ANIMATRONIC: This is a made in the likeness of the animal, the type usually come to emulate the resemblance of one particular animal.
- : are applicable in the activities, they are usually in the form of automated working in with the ability to move in two or more axis and are usually programmable.
- : These are with rotary joints having the ability to swing their arms, they are usually powered by electric motors and their arms may range from one, two and even ten or more interacting arms.
- DOMESTIC : these are home , in operations and used for household chores. Modern have a good number of different domestic that can perform various household chores such as washing of plates, mobbing of , and services, etc.
- ENTERTAINMENT : just as the name implies these categories of had been made to with entertainment , amusement and home entertaining also belong to this category.
- : known as assaultive , mission rescue , and other types of used by the . Modern can carry out attacks and embark on rescue missions also. Snake made by the Israelis had been used for monitoring and spying works which have made the to have even more applications.
- MEDICAL : medical are used in the field of medical science for research, discoveries, and development. A good example of such is the used for surgery purposes and others of their kind.
- : Office receptionist , working in banks, supermarkets, and used for public advertisements, etc. had been classified as . Other found in other areas of application to human services can also be classified under this category.
In a broader classification, had also been distinguished based on their operating environment as listed below:
- AERIAL VEHICLE: under this category, are referred to as and that includes any or self-controlled flying vehicles.
- GROUND VEHICLE: all the modern vehicles meant for driverless or remote controlled driving are included in this category.
- MOBILE : small mobile in the form of toys for spying purpose, ground moving animal , etc. are included in this category.
- MICROBOTICS: this is miniature in the form of insects having the dimension that is less than 1mm. they are used for biological purposes and can handle micrometer size components.
- NANOROBOTICS: are the less sized version of the microbotics, they are scaled down to microscopic size in order to put them into very small spaces to perform a function, besides science fiction, real are still in development.
- : All the various types of unscrewed had been classified into this category. are usually meant for scientific research measurements and often called the probe and they use telerobotic control.
- : the new fish made for monitoring of hidden aquatic animals surface and every other type of meant to be used in water had been classified under this category.
The uses of may currently be limited, but it is believed that the can have countless uses which may make them have up to 60% or more of the functions that humans can do. The modern were made to perform a particular job or few sets of jobs based on the programs written in them.
- have been found to be the major users of the modern because of their perfect operations in manufacturing and assembling lines. The use of in the includes; Product packaging, bottling jobs, product stamping jobs, tightening and loosening of nuts, and conveying of loads, etc. these functions are not performed by one rather by sets of and each has its own function performed differently.
- Hospitals are another field that makes use of for surgery, monitoring, and other important purposes. are believed to become a vital for the hospitals when their development is completed which may be inserted into bloodstreams to monitor and obtain needed data from patients.
- Movie production firms are another users of modern , they are employed in the making of modern hi-tech movies to perform operations or actions which may be difficult for human actor or actress to do especially in action movies.
- Commercial firms like the banks, supermarkets, and other related institutes had been seen employing as staffs. ATMs in the banks are classified as , clerks, and sales rep. in supermarkets also belongs to the category of . Amazon online market had been discovered to have over 1000 in service at their warehouse in the U.S. which is a good example of the uses of modern in the commercial sectors.
- in the form of the road traffic control system is being used by Road safety personnel to reduce the rates of accidents at road junctions.
- in development had been predicted to have teaching ability which can make them employable as school teachers.
- The had been the fore users of and for varieties of purposes ranging from strikes to surveillance, recording, and spying works.
MODERN AND THEIR
The factors which had been in place in the designing of the modern include:
WEIGHT CONTROL: modern that are heavy are which can be operating from one place once mounted in the appropriate position. Other such as the and are light in weight making their and moving of parts possible. The weight control also helped the to be operated with and can operate for a long time. The electric motors and were made to be small because of the light weight of the .
AND FLEXIBILITY: the and flexibility of parts had been a major problem in if the is poorly designed without real considerations to the and flexibility of it such may end up not performing the intended function. Early had issues with such that it was difficult to make that can walk in a locomotive way like humans rather they were fixed with electric motors in their toes to roll to their destination instead of walking. All the modern with arms and multiple joints have their actions made possible due to the flexibility tolerances provided during their production and such was incorporated with accuracy and rigidity.
ACCURATE : the of to carry out the needed functions had never been an easy job. The various programmable languages that exist for the writing of computer command programs did not make the job easier also. For that reason, some producers of a particular may not be the programmer since is a very crucial job left for the specialists. Any with wrong may never carry out the intended function or may do it with errors.
BODY MATERIAL / FUNCTION: materials used in the making of the body can be chosen based on the intended function. If a is meant to , metals will not be used in making the outer body rather plastic or rubber may be used to assist it in maintaining lightweight so that it can swim properly in the water. Firefighting are not expected to be made with plastics, leather, or rubber body rather heat enduring metals are used for their body. Therefore, considerations are given to modern in regard to their body material so that it does not contradict the function when put into use.
PHYSICAL APPEARANCE: modern appearance has been based on the intended function and ability to be human-friendly as possible with some of them bearing the human-like appearance. The physical appearance of has nothing to do with its ability to carry out the function it was meant for except if the design was not given a proper thought.
: had been known as intelligence, it is an advanced form of a written program installed into the memory. A set of complex programs properly and carefully written and stored into modern and some predicted giving them the ability to carry out multiple tasks like a human. Robot’s had sometimes been mistaken by people to have a sense of reasoning or thinking of its own or seen as a chromed human, but the with such cannot operate beyond the limit of its programmed functions no matter how complex its written programs can be.
However, had been predicted to have the ability to make future decisions based information from previous activities automatically recorded inside their memory. Like the modern traffic control had been said to determine the time to change traffic lights based on its longtime stored cookies on the number of that passes the road per hour. It is believed that will have super and very complex programs in them which can make them behave and act as humans would do, make decisions, communicate, translate languages, and recognize humans.
AND THEIR MAJOR PARTS THAT MADE IT POSSIBLE FOR INCREDIBLE FUNCTIONS AND ACTIVITIES
THE PRIMARY PARTS OF MODERN INCLUDES;
- Flexible joints and arms which is made possible through improvements on any materials used in the modern .
- Visible eyes in the form of cameras, imaging cameras, , trackers, etc.
- Stable base for ground or freight like the .
- Depending on the size, and function it may have hands, and other parts peculiar to human.
Other vital parts of , these parts have nothing to do with size or function rather it is a must for all , they include”
- Memory storage and data input units where all the functions are stored and the record of new activities can also be stored by the itself.
- Series of and micro control units, this unit is what makes the modern to carry out actions and functions accurately.
There are other parts of which can exceed hundreds when listed but these few are seen as major and vital.
COMPARING MODERN & TO HUMANS
The comparison that exists between humans and modern/ can be seen in the actions that the modern are able to carry out, brick laying , , drawing , water bottling , assembling and packaging , etc. are all modern and have been seen to outperform humans both in speed and accuracy. Besides that, they had been built to carry out extreme tasks which humans may not be able to do, an example is the firefighting which can go directly into a flame of fire to quench it.
Though humans will remain superior in intelligence and need no , modern and will always depend on their programmers to be able in outperforming humans in their functions.
CAN DOMINATE HUMANS’ JOBS IN THE FUTURE?
The answer is a concrete “YES”, every entrepreneur, industrialist, manufacturer and investment owners want speed and accuracy, trusted staffs, reduction of cost which reduced number of staffs can solve, obedient and committed staffs, all these are the features that the modern and futures will be having in any area they may be needed. So the business owners will see every reason to replace a good number of their staffs with in the future. An evidence to that has already begun as Amazon is report said to have over 1000 in the major warehouse. So one can conclusively say that future jobs may belong to which a good number of them has already started manifesting.
LIMITATIONS OF MODERN
- They still depend on written programs or .
- They are unable to take their own decisions except when such had occurred before and was automatically recorded.
- They need power system in the form of solar or .
- The issue of face recognition and sensible communications is still in development.
- Some of them may develop issues after a short time. And among other possible limitations.
Originally posted 2018-06-07 05:27:32.
Subscribe to our email list and follow our social media pages for regular and timely updates.
You can submit your article for free review and publication by using “PUBLISH YOUR ARTICLE” page at the MENU Buttons.
If you love this post please share it to using the social media buttons provided before the comment form.