Have you been wondering why small aircrafts and speedboats are very costly? Or why some are even costlier than most expensive cars? Despite the cost, looking at the cars one would see many costly materials used for the production such as; quality tyres, steel panels, quality glasses for front and back and doors, most expensive cars actually worth the price due to the quality materials used in their production and the stages of manufacturing processes they passed through including the final finishing.
Small aircrafts are costlier than most exotic the reason is not actually cost of material for production rather it’s the type of material used for production. The needs to be lighter in weight than a at least with the ratio of 1:10, therefore lighter materials with strength is required in the production. Aircraft’s is usually made with different materials from considering the need to reduce weight and maintain strength, therefore aircrafts have fewer and lighter materials than the most exotic but yet it is more expensive. The reason for it can be attributed to many factors but mostly they are:
- They careful calculations carried out in the time of the aircrafts.
- The time it took for the production of each is longer than the .
- Lots of experiments and tests are usually carried out before releasing for sale.
- materials used for the aircraft’s body is more expensive than steel plates used for bodies.
- The requires less skill to drive and only a few people may have the fear of driving a , while the requires a pilot license and its intensive skill, besides many rich people may be afraid of flying in the sky alone with small aircrafts.
- The fear of height limits the usability of private aircrafts.
- The fear of the unknown like the possible clashing of the also limits the usage.
- The requires take-off and landing while do not which also limits its usage.
- When there a heavy wind, rainfall, or morning thick cloud, may not be able to fly safely.
- The is also expensive because it gives prestige to those that have it.
- It helps the owners to avoid some bad incidents usually seen on the roads such as; , accidents, armed robbery attacks, kidnapping, and other unforeseen events. owner lives a life that is more secure than owners.
In the other hand, speed boats do also challenge aircrafts in terms of cost due to the expensive body materials they were made with, especially fibers. Besides, those speedboats were usually streamlined which will require lots of calculations and has lots of exotic inside for the comfort of the users. Some special speedboats can be faster than and aircrafts in terms of speed, but it has greater disadvantages among the three.
Originally posted 2018-03-23 17:28:18.
A mechanical engineer and an NDT inspector by profession. However, I love blogging and sharing of knowledge for human intellectual development, especially relating to engineering fields, environment, and science trending updates. “Engineeringall.com” is a platform for any individual with similar passion, to do so; use the “PUBLISH YOUR ARTICLE” page at the MENU to share your personal ideas, researched knowledge, or discovered incidents, etc.to those in the engineering & & the general online communities across the globe. If you love this post please share using the social buttons below.